FREE SHIPPING available on orders of $50 or more using Standard US Postal Service.
With Downloadable Audio
Ann Cook - All books by this author
A great training tool for classroom or for personal use! In recent years, Barron’s American Accent Training has gained wide respect as a self-teaching program, but more and more speech trainers, teachers, and speech therapists report that they are also using it as a valuable teaching tool in their speech classes. This new edition now comes with downloadable audio. The program goes where no American accent training tool has gone before, providing highly innovative instruction for both students and business people.
Supplementary materials include detailed nationality guides for 10 languages (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Korean, Arabic, and the U.S. Southern accent). More valuable features include access to a comprehensive website, and referral to a qualified telephone analyst for an individual diagnostic speech analysis.
- The structure of the book has been reorganized, offering students a much more clear and direct sequence of lessons and a path to better understanding
- The downloadable audio component features professional male and female voices that have been carefully selected to represent authentic American pronunciation and intonation
- Pronunciation exercises encompass all vowel sounds, consonants, blends, and diphthongs
- Emphasis on linking, or phonetically transcribed sound liaisons, help students “see” the correct sounds
- Designed for foreign-born students and business people working, traveling, or studying in the United States and Canada
Paperback with downloadable audio / 228 Pages / 10 x 12 1/2 / 2017