FREE SHIPPING available on orders of $50 or more using Standard US Postal Service.
Orders received prior to 2 pm EST will be shipped the same business day.
Principles, Practice, and Techniques: The Practical Guide for Aspiring Fashion Designers
Steven Faerm - All books by this author
Just as people change, so too does fashion. Thatís why itís so important to recognize newer teaching methods that will help you keep up with fashion trends and the ever-changing world of style. This latest edition of Fashion Design Course helps aspiring fashion designers learn about:
This updated book reflects the latest information in fashion design and development and is an ideal introduction for students, dressmakers, and anyone interested in the creative side of the fashion industry. Discover the new talent, new avenues of inspiration, and new outcomes that are now possible with a degree in fashion design.
- How the digital age impacts education and the design process from research right through to the finished product
- Customer Profiles: demographics, psychographics, the role of advertising, and more
- Creating a unique vision with help from ethnographic research, design considerations, iconic films and their impact on fashion design, and developing a fabric story
- Cultivating your design collection through process and investigation while using Mood Boards, Garment Construction, and more
- Producing your own collections with individual exercises based on frequently used concepts for building collections including Shipping Reports, Ethnic Backgrounds, 3D/2D, Concept to Runway, Shifts in Fashion, Accessories, and more
- Strategies and tips that will help you transition from coursework to a career in fashion including tips on resumes, interviewing, portfolio presentation, and more
About The Author:
Steven Faerm is the BFA Director of Fashion Design at Parsons The New School for Design in New York City. An alumnus of Parsons (í94), he was nominated for the prestigious Designer of the Year Award during his final year. Following graduation, he went on to work for such designers as Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs. He has been an active faculty member at Parsons since 1998 and won the University Teaching Excellence Award in 2008.
Paperback / 160 Pages / 8 3/4 x 8 3/4 / 2017