FREE SHIPPING available on orders of $50 or more using Standard US Postal Service.
Orders received prior to 2 pm EST will be shipped the same business day.
Earth, Air, Fire and Water
Carolyn Scrace - All books by this author
By turning to the four elements—Earth, Air, Fire and Water—Zen Doodling Inspiration explores the creative stimulation that can be found in the natural world around us. Raindrops, puddles, wind-blown grass, or a flickering flame are all full of exciting patterns, shapes and colors. As you learn to look at things differently, you will develop a whole new appreciation for the miraculous world in which we live. This book, designed to resemble an artist’s journal, is packed with:
Zen Doodling Inspiration encourages mindfulness and can become a part of a meditation process that will help quiet the mind and give you a deep sense of peace and calm. There is no right or wrong way to do it—whichever way you choose, the result will be exciting and inspiring. Best of all, you don’t need any special materials, and you can Zen doodle anywhere you please. Turn to this book to help boost your confidence, develop your artistic skills and release your imagination in exciting new ways!
- Inspiring designs and concepts that can be used for your own patterns and compositions
- Mood boards at the beginning of each section to stimulate ideas and creativity
- Artist’s top tips and hints on light and shade, color theory, creating geometric designs, using repeating patterns and more
- Instructions for composition designs, including plants and flowers, rugged coastlines, stormy weather, blowing leaves, lightning, waves, sunshine and more
- Helpful suggestions for using techniques such as indenting paper, watercolor wash, combining monochrome and color, and more
About The Author:
Carolyn Scrace graduated from Brighton College of Art in England before working in animation, advertising, and illustrating children’s books. She is the author of Barron's popular Zen Doodling Books.
Paperback / 128 Pages / 8 1/2 x 11 / 2014