Christina Myers-Shaffer, M.Ed. - All books by this author
Updated to reflect the latest subject tests in Literature, this manual presents seven full-length practice tests, and two diagnostic tests. Students will also find:
The manual can be purchased alone or with an optional CD-ROM that presents two additional full-length practice tests with answer explanations and automatic scoring.
- A review of the seven literary elements that form the basis for the test
- Materials to help strengthen critical reading skills, expand vocabulary, and learn the literary terms
- Help for overcoming distractions and regressions while taking the test
- Puzzles and games designed to increase interest and improve working memory, which research shows can improve reading comprehension test scores
Table of Contents:
PART I. LEARN TEST-TAKING STRATEGIES
- Chapter 1. What Is My First Step?
- Chapter 2. What Can I Expect on the SAT Subject Test in Literature (SAT STL)?
- Chapter 3. How Can I Improve My Test Score?
- Chapter 4. Where Do My Reading Comprehension Skills Stand Now?
PART II. STRENGTHEN YOUR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS
- Chapter 5. What Literary Terms Do I Need to Know?
- Chapter 6. What Literary Elements Will Be on the Test?
- Chapter 7. How Are These Elements Tested?
- Chapter 8. How Am I Doing Now?
PART III. PRACTICE
- Chapter 9. How Do I Get Through the Test in Just One Hour?
- How Difficult is the SAT STL?
- Practice Tests
Paperback / 504 Pages / 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 / 2014