Secrets of Success from the Application Process to Landing the First Job
Ian E. Scott, Esq., J.D. - All books by this author
If you’re a law school student, or if you’re planning to apply to law school, you’ll find the practical guidance you’ll need for successplus tips on pitfalls to avoidwhen you open this important new book. Written by a recent Harvard Law School graduate who is currently associated with major Wall Street law firm, this brand-new blueprint for legal accomplishment gets down to specifics with
Valuable appendices give you still more advice, and include a completed model law school application form, effective résumés, a model brief of a case for class, and much more. Written by a successful attorney and based on his own law school experiences, The Law School Lowdown zeroes-in on both the rigors and satisfactions that comprise the law school experience, offering the advice and counsel that will pave your way to a successful career in law.
- The law school application process and tips on taking the important Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Selecting a law school, applying for scholarships, and deciding between top-ranked and lower-ranked schools
- Making the grade during that vital first year at law school
- The best courses to take in second and third years
- The advantages of publishing papers while in law school
- Seeking out summer positions at law firms
- Taking and passing state bar exams
- Finding employment at a law firm after graduation
- Other post-law school options, including judicial clerkships
About The Author:
Ian E. Scott, Esq. is a graduate of Harvard Law School, a lawyer licensed in New York and New Jersey, and worked at a top-10 Wall Street law firm. He received a Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School, where he was a Primary Editor on the Harvard Human Rights Journal. He has published in articles in several law journals.
Paperback / 320 Pages / 6 x 9 / 2013