FREE SHIPPING available on orders of $50 or more using Standard US Postal Service.
Orders received prior to 2 pm EST will be shipped the same business day.
Roselyn Teukolsky, M.S. - All books by this author
The revised second edition of this hands-on workbook presents exercises, problems, and quizzes with solutions and answers as it takes college-bound students through all math and science topics covered on the ACT. Separate math chapters cover:
The science sections emphasize the scientific method and focus on how to read scientific passages. Science topics covered include:
- Pre-algebra, elementary algebra, and intermediate algebra
- Plane geometry, coordinate geometry, and trigonometry
Additional features include a glossary of science terms and test-taking strategies for success. The workbook concludes with a full-length math and science practice test.
- Data representation passages
- Research summaries passages
- Conflicting viewpoints passages
Table of Contents:
- ACT Overview and Strategies
PART 1: THE MATH SECTION
- 1 Overview of the Math Test
- 2 Pre-Algebra
- 3 Elementary Algebra
- 4 Intermediate Algebra
- 5 Plane and Solid Geometry
- 6 Coordinate Geometry
- 7 Trigonometry
PART 2: THE SCIENCE SECTION
- 8 Overview of the Science Test
- 9 General Strategies for Science
- 10 Data Representation
- 11 Research Summaries
- 12 Conflicting Viewpoints
PART 3: MODEL ACT TESTS
- Practice Mathematics Test
- Practice Science Test
- Appendix A: Some Useful Math Formulas
- Appendix B: Some Useful Scientific Units
About The Author:
Roselyn Teukolsky, M.S., is a math teacher at Ithaca High School, Ithaca, NY, and has many years’ experience helping students prepare for the SAT.
For more information about the author, visit her website: www.roselynteukolsky.com
GREAT NEWS! Barrons has a test prep Website for the ACT exam! You can take complete ACT practice tests, select questions from either the Math or Verbal sections, or concentrate on particular question types. When you are finished, you'll get immediate feedback, including answers to all ACT questions with full explanations. Instant results pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and let you know where you need to practice most. Head on over to BarronsTestPrep.com to start scoring big on the ACT exam today!
Paperback / 480 Pages / 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 / 2013