FREE SHIPPING available on orders of $50 or more using Standard US Postal Service.
Orders received prior to 2 pm EST will be shipped the same business day.
Jack P. Friedman, Ph.D., MAI, CPA, CRE, ASA, Jack C. Harris, Ph.D., and Barry A. Diskin, Ph.D., MAI, CRE - All books by this author
This comprehensive reference book has been updated to reflect the country’s gradually recovering real estate market. It covers virtually every aspect of buying and selling, understanding mortgages, analyzing real estate investment opportunities, getting and understanding appraisal reports, and more. The book’s most important features include
Here in one volume is a compendium of facts, figures, and general information that covers virtually every aspect of today’s real estate industry. Features hundreds of charts, tables, and line illustrations.
- An up-to-date summary of federal real estate legislation and regulations
- An overview and general description of careers in real estate
- A 400-plus-page real estate glossary with A-to-Z short-entry definitions of real estate terms, financing terms, house styles and parts, and real estate organizations
- An extensive set of tables that show monthly mortgage payment figures calculated across a wide range of annual interest rates
- Facsimile real estate forms and worksheets to familiarize potential buyers with the paperwork involved in getting a mortgage and purchasing real estate
Table of Contents
- THE PAST AND FUTURE OUTLOOK FOR HOUSING
MARKETS IN THE UNITED STATES
- HOME BUYERS GUIDE
- HOME SELLERS GUIDE
- MEDIAN SALES PRICES OF EXISTING SINGLE-FAMILY
HOMES FOR METROPOLITAN AREAS, 2004–2011
- ANALYZING REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
- FEDERAL LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS
AFFECTING REAL ESTATE
- CAREERS IN REAL ESTATE
- REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL AND APPRAISAL REVIEW
- GLOSSARY OF REAL ESTATE TERMS
- REAL ESTATE–RELATED WEB SITES
Monthly Amortizing Mortgage Payments
Loan Progress Tables (Remaining Balance per
$1,000 Original Loan)
Discount Point Tables (Effective Annual Interest Rates
on Loan Held to Maturity)
The Tax Reform Act of 1986
Parts of a House
Selected Construction Terms
Equivalents Between English and Metric Systems
Real Estate Forms and Worksheets
About The Authors:
Jack P. Friedman, Ph.D., MAI, CPA, CRE, ASA has written many books and articles on real estate and real estate financing. He is currently a real estate consultant and was formerly chair professor of the Real Estate Research Center and Department of Finance at Texas A&M University.
Jack C. Harris, Ph.D. is on the faculty of the Real Estate Research Center at Texas A&M University. He is a research economist with an engineering and policy planning background.
Barry A. Diskin, Ph.D., MAI, CRE is a professor on the Real Estate Faculty, College of Business, Florida State University. He is also a real estate consultant active in both the public and private sectors.
Hardcover w/jacket / 816 Pages / 6 x 9 / 2013